Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 288...Hanging On

Day 288
As I was about to leave my house to spend a fun evening with my girlfriends from work
I remembered I had no photo of the day...
Geez, this story is 288 days old and like the worst broken record EVER...
Or like that movie, Groundhog Day!!!
OMG, remember that one?
The most annoying movie ever!
I'm determined to finish this personal challenge, and I will,
but I will be glad when it's complete.
The past week or so has been especially weak when it comes to providing a photo of any significance.
Many photo's may've not been significant to the eye of the beholder 
(when it came to the subject in the photo) 
BUT
I put thought, and time, and effort into each and every one of them, 
thinking about my camera settings, lighting, composition, and post processing too.
I just feel like more recently it's been difficult to stay motivated.
I will be glad when these 365 days are done!!!

One thing I can say about this challenge is this...
My garden has been there for me...never letting me down.
These sweet little Missouri wildflowers are hanging on tight...just for me,
providing a spot of sunshine when I know all too well the long, looming days of Winter are ahead.
Making it through a frost or two, thinned out a bit...
 but the strong hold on tightly to the dream of a warm Spring days sunshine once again.
 With their lingering color and presence, the span of time until each and every bloom 
is full of color and life once more is shortened...
This is my happy thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment