Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 219...Orioles Still Here!

Day 219
Today I've seen sooo many different Orioles at my feeder.
At one time there were six within sight at the same time!
I love them. They are so beautiful!
My photo's aren't as clear, crisp and focused as I would like because 
they've been cropped quite a bit to zoom in.
A longer lens is definitely on my wish list!!!!
Here's one photo of a female that was cooperative enough to land 
fairly close so I didn't have to crop as much.

The Males on the other hand seemed to know I was waiting with my camera.
They always seem to be a little more skittish than the females
and although I sat patiently with my kitchen window opened,
for at least 15 minutes, they did not fly down to my feeder until after I shut the window.
I really do think they saw me sitting inside at my window!
Here, two of the males sat in my Sycamore tree just waiting, and watching for me to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment