Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 234...My Birthday! :)

Day 234
This morning after coffee time we visited Beaver Lake which is just gorgeous!
Some of the clearest, bluest lake water I've ever seen!
It was so clear that while walking down a boat ramp 
Mark didn't realize how close he was to the water 
and took one step too many...walked right into it!
A little later he decided it was OK to stand on a log by the waters edge...
a slippery log that is, and yep, he fell in! Wet shoes all day!
And yes, I laughed!! 
We did A LOT today, like our Saturday in Branson!
It was a great day!!!
 looking out over Beaver Lake...at the Dam

 Beaver Lake view...played around with editing quite a bit on this one.
Not sure what else it needs but I went with this one.

 Mark, on the log...before the slip!

 Ranger Tower...100ft climb... :/

 at the top!!! No photo of me though...:( 
I forgot to pass the camera over to Mark before we were on our way down...
I wasn't going back up! 

 Downtown Eureka Springs
 I LOVE this staircase

 this was the best part of my birthday dinner...:)

 what dainty flowers...a sweet little vine!

and last, but not least...
 A bath house (bordello) from 1901...
Now, a very nice hotel.
Check out that neon sign!
The first neon sign west of the Mississippi
One of the oldest, original neon signs left in America 
according to the guide from a tour we took a couple of years ago.
aka "The Phallus Palace" by the locals...lolol
http://www.palacehotelbathhouse.com/hotel_history





No comments:

Post a Comment