Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 248...Late Season Hummer

Day 248
Even though it's late in the season and the Hummers are nearly gone, I finally 
remembered to try a trick suggested to me by a friend.
Wear a red t-shirt out by your feeders and then 
try to train the Hummers to sit on your fingers!
Well, for now, all I want is to be close enough to get a good photo 
and not have them be scared away!
I'd say the red shirt worked!
I just wish I'd had a minute or so to settle in and get my camera settings in order!
This little gal flew in within 30 seconds of me stepping out onto my porch, 
I wasn't quite prepared and ended up with a not so crisp and clear photo...
I'm so excited though that they showed no sign of fear
with me being so close! This one was about 3 ft away from me.
But they didn't come back again after this photo either.
It was late though...maybe tomorrow and definitely I will try again next season!
It will be here before I know it!

Another one of Gods "Freebies"
A pretty little weed I found growing out along my fence line this evening.
I didn't pull it.

Zinnia...pretty again...same plant I took a burnt shot of a while back.


No comments:

Post a Comment