Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 245...Destructing Beauty... :(

Day 245
When I visited my mom today I saw that this is now what's left of 
 the beautiful little field of wild sunflowers I took a photo of a week ago.
It made me sad to see that one more little bit of nature's wildflowers
had been ripped up and discarded.
Several years ago when I lived in Texas, 
I had an elderly neighbor who told me even though her
husband just hated the Dandelions and flowering weeds that she always looked at them
as God's gift to us..."Freebies" as she called them! 
I have many memories of her even though I only knew her for a few short years.
It's amazing the impact people have on us and sometimes we don't realize it till much later.
Today, Friday, September 21

Last Friday, September 14
although this is a closeup the entire little hillside was covered
in these wild Sunflowers one week ago today.
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment