Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 86...100 Years Ago Today

Day 86

100 years ago today, the Titanic struck an ice berg.
It took just a little over two hours before she sank in the wee morning hours
of April 15, 1912.
Like so many other people, I grew up hearing and learning about the Titanics tragic ending.
It's always been a story in time that's fascinated me.
Recently, my husband and I went to see the exhibit at Union Station.
I highly recommend going.
Absorbing the history brought to us by the exhibit is worth every penny.
There's no way to even imagine how it must've been but watching all the TV specials lately and seeing the exhibit leaves me with an even stronger, yet sadder fascination of the sinking.
Seeing what's been recovered is absolutely amazing.
 Leila Saks, survived.
She was on her way home to New York for her father, Andrew Saks' funeral.
He was a well known New York merchant and founder of Saks Department Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment