Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 89...Winter Survivors

Day 89
It's kind of a shame that some of this needs to be pulled up
after surviving the winter months.
Another sign of the mild winter we had. 
But, at least for the carrots...Mark says they're going sometime soon!


I leave the vegetable gardening to my husband. He's the pro around here, not me!
I handle the flowers!
I think the Swiss Chard will be fine through this coming season and
I'm really looking forward to that.
Not only can it be eaten but it is beautiful in a vase. The stalks are wonderful bright shades of red, orange, yellow, purple and green. I used it late last Summer in clear glass vases to decorate the food tables at my sons wedding reception.
It was gorgeous and I got tons of compliments on it!

The Kale,...it's out of control and I really don't know if my husband will leave it or not.
  He just loves to watch things grow. It should've been pinched back before it flowered,
but that's what I like best, the flowers!!! :)


And once again, last but never least, is my sweet Meadow...
She can even make a weed look pretty...:)
in this case, it's the Kale flowers!




1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Gayle. The nice thing is you can plant again!

    ReplyDelete