Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 186...The Finest Lace

Day 186
Spent most of my day cleaning house (which it needed desperately)
canned another batch of tomato juice, had a quick dinner with Mark
and then it's almost time for the favorite TV shows to begin so the scramble is once again ON!
I did take one photo earlier in the day, but I wanted more!!!
I'm like a dog looking for a cat...lol
What to shoot, where should I look, what to shoot...
the garden is always there, ready and willing to be my subject 
whether it's dead from the blistering heat, barely surviving or in beautiful bloom
There is always something.... :)

 I've never planted Queen Anne's Lace...
It showed up last year and I'm glad it came back!
So delicate...it really does look like a crocheted lace doily

There is fried Okra in my very near future!! 

I've taken a photo of the Kale before but I love the colors so much 
and it looks so pretty despite the terrible heat. 
What caught my eye was the drops of water all over it from the garden sprinkler.
It looked so refreshing, even in the heat! 
I took this photo around 7:15 pm... it was still 100* on my thermometer.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite plants in the garden is okra. I love okra; fried, pickled, in gumbo, soup...I love it.

    Your kale is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete