Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 192...Evoking Memories...:)

Day 192
I've heard many people say, many times, that anything can bring on a memory...
a smell, a taste, the feel of something...anything...
Well, today, for me it was fried fish!
I was flooded with memories of eating fried fish every summer, all the time! 
Multiple times a week!
I learned at a young age, before filleting fish was the thing to do, 
how to de-bone my crappy and catfish with the best of them!
I never knew when I was younger that someday having
fresh fish to fry would be such a special treat.
I don't have anyone in my life who fishes and brings it to me to fry anymore...
When I became an adult my Dad would bring it to me and we'd have a big fish fry!
We'd have the fish (and Hushpuppies sometimes,) corn on the cob
and sliced tomatoes from dads garden...
Just like the meal I fixed tonight thanks to one of my husbands co-workers
who gave us the fish...
It brought back sooo many memories...
I took those times for granted, never thinking in a million years that you could miss some
insignificant thing like a childhood meal so much...
I miss you Daddy
Unfortunately, my photo does NOT do this meal justice
It was wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment