Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 193...My "Sunny" Morning Misadventures!

Day 193
This morning I decided that it would be my last chance for 2012 to get any shots of the Sunflower fields so off I went, Tonganoxie bound,
Sonic Cherry Coke safely in the cup holder!!!
Only one problem......so far...
As I approached downtown KC MO I realized I'd forgotten my step stool... :/
See, the Sunflowers are extra tall this year and if you want to be above them, 
it definitely requires having a ladder, of some sort...
OR stand on your car as I saw some people doing and ...
 That option was NOT for me!!!
Not knowing what else to do, I remembered Strasser Hardware on SW Blvd 
which really was not "on my way,"
but it was the nearest place I could think of to purchase a step stool...
so, I am now the proud owner of
ONE, DAMN HEAVY TO CARRY AROUND A SUNFLOWER FIELD,
STEP STOOL!
Back on the highway again, I was headed West!
Once I arrived I met a gentlemen and his wife who were from Lawrence and wanted to take 
MY PICTURE...oh geez, being on the other side of the camera is not my comfort zone!!
But, I happily obliged, he emailed them to me and now
I have a photo memory of me at the fields!
After carrying that new step ladder, for what seemed to be a LONG ways,
 out into the field,
 I realized it wasn't the scene I wanted....ugh
so, I just hauled that shiny new step stool right back OUT of the field...
only to realize once back at my car, that my cell phone was missing...
OK, retrace steps...trek back into the field, scanning the ground...
YAAAY, cell phone found!
I'm lucky I didn't collapse from the heat.
Perspiration was pouring off of me 'cause you know...
ladies "perspire"...we don't "sweat" ... HA
At this point, red faced, drenched in sweat (yes, sweat,)
I was determined to get a few more shots so
as I hauled that dreaded step ladder to a new position
I met yet another man coming out of the field, 
said hello and went about my photo taking!
I noticed out of the corner of my eye that he was taking my photo up on that step stool...
I couldn't think of why anyone would be taking a photo of me, 
but laughingly just thought to myself
"oh goody, another "flattering" photo of myself"....lololol
When I was finally about to leave, he and his wife were standing at their vehicle and with the equipment he had hanging around his neck, I knew he was more than a hobbyist like me so I asked if he had a website that I'd like to see his Sunflower field shots...
That was when he told me he worked for the Associated Press and gave me his card!
Wonder if a photo of me, standing on that dreaded step stool in a field of Sunflowers
will pop up somewhere out there in the news world???
Now... on the verge of heat stroke, 
I loaded my step stool, dropped a donation in the box and headed home.
After a glass of Iced Tea I was ready for an afternoon of canning Salsa!
Got that done too but we had our first ever jar break in half inside the canner...
what a mess...
took a couple more shots of backyard flowers and I was ready for bed!!!

My photo's for the day...
 you can see the heads of the Sunflowers are starting to droop




 my own little wildflower garden
pretty little moth of some kind came in for a landing 
just as I was about to shoot this flower growing up into my Basil

No comments:

Post a Comment