Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 10...Days Gone By

 Day 10
Once in a while we all reminisce about the way things used to be. Lots of clever Fwd's seem to float around the internet, through our e-mail and on Facebook that remind us of our own childhood and how truly different it really was compared to the children of today. Occasionally though, when your not even thinking of it, is when it really hits you!
Today as I was walking around town here in Liberty with my husband I saw this phone booth. I immediately loved it's bright color and how it just screamed of days gone by. But what really struck me was the young people who had just passed by us in a car, laughing and squealing (there were eight of them piled in this fairly small car..we counted as they got out)... but as they drove past I saw at least a few of them with cell phones in hand. I had to wonder if any of them had ever even used a pay phone, much less used one inside of a phone booth!!! It was just one of those instant reminders of how different things were when I was their age...(now, being piled in a car with way too many passengers remains the same)
Don't get me wrong, I actually like technology and for the most part I embrace all the changes and want to keep up with how things change. I don't ever want to be that "older person" who is really way too young to be so "out of touch" with the way things are nowadays. It just really made me wonder what will my children look back on when they're only 52 years old and remember as being soooo different from the way it is right now...:)

2 comments:

  1. Great shot! Times have changed, I often wonder how we got by without cell phones. I guess this answers that question. Carson saw a wall dial phone once and asked, "what's that Grandma?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this shot very much. I sometimes wonder why we take photos. Will anyone want them after we are gone. I'm not sure about our landscapes and abstracts (unless we become famous), but I think maybe photos of family, well done, will live on. I know that I like to look at old photos of people...any people, I don't even have to know them. I can feel a connection to them and the way they lived.

    I never piled into a car with a lot of kids, I was claustrophobic even back then, but I remember how things were and I do get nostalgic for those days. I like to keep up with technology because you can't get stuck in the past. It will never be here again and the only way we can remember is with our photos. And that's why I take the photos I love....not for other people, but for me, so that I can remember as long as I'm here and alive! :)

    ReplyDelete