Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 11....Damn the Sweet Gum Balls!

 Day 11
During the little bit of time I was able to spend outside today, I couldn't help but notice (as I always do) that the gum balls are EVERYWHERE...AGAIN...There really are a few things that God didn't think through very well...Sweet Gum Balls was one of them...(women having facial hair is the BIG ONE though...lol) uhhh, nevermind, back to Sweet Gum balls...actually, I'm sure it's not a mistake at all on God's part. They're such a beautiful tree! It's whoever thought to plant these trees in your yard that's to blame! So, as I stood there on my porch looking at the treacherous lawn/driveway/sidewalk that these nuisances create I wondered just how many times my poor husband has cleaned them up through the years we've been here... I'm sure he'd say " ________ (expletive), too many times"  But, he always takes care of it along with all the other "gotta be done" things around the house. Simply said, he's one of  those that sees what needs to be done and just does it!! I'm lucky to have him! I tried to give him some of my ingenious advice the other day and told him maybe we just need to take our Snow Roof Rake, (yep, we have a roof shovel...haven't had to use that nifty tool this season) and stick that long 15ft .handle up in the trees, shake it around and loosen all those little boogers up at once and get it over with!!! Heck, I thought it was a good idea...He laughed... :/
SO, on to my second observation...while staring at those nasty balls and making my decision to photograph them, I couldn't help but notice that there, in my tree, was an eagle's nest!!! Did ya see it? Go ahead, scroll back up and look!!! I was so excited that I decided to name the momma...I call her "Robin"...:)
Well, Ok...I guess I'm having a little Eagle envy as you can tell :) My friend from Sedalia has some of the most amazing photo's of Eagles in her area...you should check out her blog at  http://willowpics-deana.blogspot.com/...her photo's are WONDERFUL!
Oh, one last thing...I AM going to have a talk with The Man about that whole facial hair issue when I meet Him someday...:)

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny! My Mom used to stick long craft tooth picks in sweet gum balls and then spray paint with gold, silver, red or any Christmas color and sprinkle with glitter. Then she would tie ribbon on the end of the stem and make a loop. She called them her asteroids and we hung them on the Christmas tree every year. I still have some of those ornaments.

    ReplyDelete