Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 5...a Lifetime of Memories

 Day 5
If only Brownie could talk!!! If I only knew how many moments in time had been captured by "Brownie"....If only I had a penny for each of the photos taken. How many birthdays would there be? Family gatherings? The fishing trips "big catch" or Christmases? Weddings and new babies arrivals?...and don't forget the picnics!!!...Wow, I could go on forever and the list of memories captured could be endless. Old, faithful Brownie caught so many of those moments that my family now treasures, neatly placed in aging photo albums for a lifetime of walks down memory lane. Mom loved her Brownie. I remember her saying many times that it took the best pictures of all!

3 comments:

  1. My Mom had one of those. I remember those flash bulbs and I have a lot of photos that were taken with one of these. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that photo and camera Gayle! Do you have the camera now? What a treasure of memories, your blogs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deana, Thank you! And Yes, I have the Brownie!!! Sitting on the bookshelf in my computer room! Last night after returning home from Lawrence I was so tired and wondering if I was about to fail miserably in my 365 day challenge after only 4 days...lol...yesterday was a long day and I had yet to even pick up my camera for a daily shot...thinking "great,this may be my first shot of the stapler sitting on my desk (or God forbid the EMPTY candy jar)" and then I looked at the shelf, saw the Brownie and thought "I bet you've NEVER had your picture taken!" I'm trying so hard to make myself "see" that there is a worthwhile photo to be taken just about anywhere!!! We need to get together SOON!

      Delete