Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 12...My Domain

 Day 12

I left my house immediately after dinner in a last ditch, desperate, determined attempt,  to find that shot that surprises you! The one that makes you all excited because you can't believe your luck in capturing it when you had no idea what you were going after to begin with...That was me this evening...That's pretty much my story everyday!
After running an errand and with the clock ticking away (it was at least 5:15 at this point) I hopped back into my car and headed North. Well, North on Hwy A toward Kearney anyway...After just a mile or so up the highway I thought to myself..."self, you really don't know your way around the country up here" (I'm that Kansan transplant that's only lived up North a few years) and then immediately thought "what the heck am I doing wasting my time driving? I don't even know where I'm going or what I'm looking for!" Well, several minutes later, (probably wasn't really that many) and a few good guesses on where to turn I found that I had completed one nice big circle and was coming up on the back side of Liberty (where I'd originally thought to go much earlier in the day)...sigh...
Well, I didn't get that one special shot but as I turned onto a new construction road that I've been on a couple times recently, I knew it would give me a view...not the most spectacular view, but a view nonetheless. As I stood there outside my car, I couldn't help but wonder what it will look like, probably not so far in the future when the site construction begins. I only know one thing for sure, it won't look like this photo...it made me sad.
My husband and I always see our Labrador, Meadow, laying on her very own little hill/slope in our backyard and we say that she is watching over her domain. That's pretty much how I felt at that very moment gazing over the hills. I think I'd be pretty accurate in saying that my house sits just this side of the brightest yellow spot of the sunset and I felt like I was gazing over my very own little portion of the world, my domain. By this time the sun was setting quickly so I just began snapping away, checking and changing some settings until the "sweet light" had faded away. 
As I drove home I thought to myself...
Maybe I captured a "special shot" after all...:)

2 comments:

  1. A lovely photo, Gayle. You have a very nice domain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful landscape photo. I agree with Norine, you have a very nice domain!

    ReplyDelete