Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 115...Hummingbird Moth (Mother's Day)

Day 115
While outside this evening, winding down my Mother's day with watering flowers and scoping out my birdies as they came in for their evening meal, this little "Hummingbird Moth" found me!
Interesting as it may be, it's really nothing more than an garden PEST!
In it's most evil state it's a Horn worm that will devour our Tomatoes... :(
Right now, this moth is enjoying nectar from my sweet little Primroses but it wont be long before it's laying it's pesky Horn worm eggs on the leaves of our Tomato plants...:(
Have you ever seen a Horn worm? I HATE them...they're enough to give you nightmares!
I have a feeling I'll be posting a photo of one of those sometime relatively soon!


Mark told me what this pesky little thing was so I researched it a bit to add some info to my blog.
(just in case you're interested!)
I chose this particular link because it had the exact photo of the moth I photographed this evening

No comments:

Post a Comment