Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 140...An Empty Nest (Cardinal babies update)

Day 140
Wow, all I can say is I'm glad I decided to go ahead and take a peek 
before a full week passed from last photo!
I can't believe how much they've changed and grown in just three days! 
AMAZING!
Me, being the human Momma, didn't think they should be out of their nest so soon,
 but as you can see, they had other plans! 
It's also hard for me to let nature take it's course when I saw the neighborhood cat in attack position under the pine tree. As of this evening, both babies were still around and I could find both of them although they were no longer in the same bush together.
 I can't figure out how the one little one made it from our Barberry bush to the Pine tree which is about 30 ft. away.
First, here's the photo I took just three days ago, Tuesday, June 5.

Now today, Friday, June 8, here's the two babies, out on their own!!!
One is still in the same bush but out of the nest. Earlier, the other one was still in there also.
I saw them both together before we left the house to run some errands.
When we came home, I only found one in the Barberry bush.
After searching my yard and listening for their little "cheeps"
I found the second one across the yard in the pine tree.
Does anyone know how it got there? I know it can't fly yet.
Do mom and dad pick their babies up and transport them?
Just a little too big for my britches, or so says my human mommy but
 I'm out of the nest and perched in the Barberry shrub!

and this ones waaay too brave for its own good, several feet away in a pine tree!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment