Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 155...Summer & Cemetery

Day 155
There's really nothing that says "Summer" any better than the taste of Sweet Corn! I love it!
A trip to city market was all it took to find some of the best! Last week Mark brought home a dozen and I went back for another dozen this morning! 
Can't wait to have some for dinner tomorrow!
YUUMMMY!


My afternoon was fun and educating also. That's always a good thing! 
I went on a photography club field trip to Union Cemetery in Kansas City, Mo. .... 
A fascinating, historical location here in our city. I'd never been there before. It's sad to see it becoming run down. One more historical site that our city doesn't value enough to claim as history and make a priority. Very Sad. 

 out of over 4,000 headstones in the cemetery, I walked up to this one. 
This person was born 105 years to the day before I was!
There are over 55,000 graves recorded there at the cemetery. Only 8% are marked with a tombstone.

This chained and padlocked gate is the entrance to the McGee family Mausoleum.
(as in McGee Street)

No comments:

Post a Comment