Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 154...Tilled To The Surface

Day 154
When my husband and I first moved into our home seven summers ago the entire West side fence line was lined with Hardy Hibiscus...I'm not really sure that's their actual name, but I do know they're Hibiscus of some "hardy, perennial type"...
Second year we lived here, they were pulled out to make room for tomatoes to grow since this was the only sunny location in our yard. 
As sad as I was to see them go, I too wanted tomatoes! 
After six years, (last year 2011) one lonely plant came back and produced beautiful blooms! I think maybe when Mark tilled the soil it brought something back close enough to the surface to grow...either that or it just took that long for them to start growing back! Either way, it came back and this year I have three growing along my fence line again and plenty of room for our tomatoes too!  I vaguely remember there were different colors so I'm anxious to see what color bloom the other two plants will produce! 
This one is the first to bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment