Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 14...Proudly She Waves

 Day 14

After a busy day at work I left the salon about 4:30 knowing I had to "keep the wheels a turnin'" as my husband always says.. I hit the drive through at the bank, ran another quick errand then headed to the nursing home to see my mom all before heading back to the Northland for the monthly meeting of  photography club. As with sooo many other people, rushing seems to be a way of life and not always a lot of extra time to "stop and smell the roses" as the saying goes. Well, as I drove into the nursing home parking lot and saw the flag flying so beautifully, the perfect winds keeping it waving proudly I just knew it was my photo of the day! I know it's not Flag Day, Veterans Day, 4th of July or any other "Flag flying holiday" but does it have to be? Nope, not for me!!! I love the American Flag and everything it stands for! My dad ALWAYS proudly flew the American Flag and was very proud of being a WWII veteran of the United States Navy. I learned a lot from my dad about being a proud American, and that I am!!!
Today may be Groundhog Day but old Punxsutawney Phil is much too far away for a photo by GiGi but I think I caught a shot of something that stands for a whole lot more than just whether or not we'll have six more weeks of Winter....I hope you think so too!

No comments:

Post a Comment