Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 39...Nascar, History Made...:)


Day 38

 I guess it's obvious that these photos were not taken before 7:00 pm, nor are they very original...lol...Oh well, right? Can I get away with saying I was really tired this evening?
There went that "7 pm" personal challenge right out the window...I'm doing better though!
After once again having a fun day with two of my grandbabies, cooking supper and cleaning up, it was time to relax. My husband sat down in his recliner, turned the TV on and saw that the Daytona 500 was FINALLY about to start! I didn't realize that this was the first time in Nascar history that this particular race was totally rained out on it's planned day and rescheduled for the next day...Well, there ended up being more than a rain delay, to say the least...Fire on the track occurred, a BIG FIRE! So that was another two hour delay for clean up and the race actually went into the wee hours of Tuesday morning, Eastern time...
I can't believe I stayed up till it was over but I'd picked my camera up much earlier in the race to see how well I could photograph a TV scene...(I was desperate for a photo and after all, the announcers said it was Nascar history being made) and then when the fire happened, well I was hooked in for the rest of the race...Maybe I wasn't as tired as I thought I was....:)
So, here are some of my attempts at photographing the TV...and it's not that easy :/
More evidence that I have A LOT to learn...
That's OK...that's what I'm doing this for!!!

 I know the top 2 names in this photo taken before the big fiery crash and two hour delay do reflect the top two winners in the end...not sure of #3 but I think it's correct...I really was tired by the end!

 Commercial time!

Aerial view of the big explosion crash site!

And here's my "help me" photo going out to all my photographer friends who may be reading my blog...90% of my "photographing the TV" photos came out like this one below with a dark band through the photo...What did I do? Ah ha, Maybe this is a question for my lighting class?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment