Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 17...A Winter Vineyard

 Day 17

Another beautiful day! This Winter continues to surprise me but I'm still on alert waiting for the "REAL" Winter weather to arrive, (although I hope not!) The grapevines in my photo are on the grounds of Belvoir Winery (The Odd Fellows Home) in Liberty, Mo. After my visit there today I wandered around back to take some shots of the property and while taking this particular one I thought "wow, it's pretty amazing that these barren vines produced the fruit that created the tasty glass of wine I just shared with new friends." To be honest, I'm not much of a wine drinker but I really liked their "Lucky Pierre", a sweeter wine. This winery is such an intriguing place with rich history dating back to the 1800's...I definitely recommend it! ....here are a few more photos of the winery grounds taken today...
Back view of the main building

I didn't walk up this hill to see what was on the other side but next time I will!

This beautiful horse came trotting across the pasture to see me... I'm pretty sure she/he thought I had food in hand!

Front view of the winery. I took this shot one week ago today, 01/29/12







1 comment:

  1. Very nice post and pics! We should have walked around with you.

    ReplyDelete