Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 22...An Open Book

 Day 22

So, I've been asked many times in my life..."are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" Of course the answer is ALWAYS a "good witch"...(and proud of it, I might add...lol)
But how many times have you ever been asked if you're an open book or a closed book?
Me, I'm 100% certain that I am an open book...what ya see, is what ya get...And I honestly think the people who know me best would agree.
Having said that, I don't know that it's always a good thing being an open book. I can never disguise my feelings, I wear my heart on my sleeve and I'll most often talk about whatever's going on in my life. Just let me say this, from firsthand experience, even with those you know and trust, it's not always a good idea to be that "open book" ...That can be a tough, painful, yet very important life lesson to learn!  Like the "Sunscreen" song says...."trust me" on that one!
But, on the upside of being an open book, I guess it's not all bad...at least you know what you're in for with me!!! :) There is one thing you may not pick up on in Chapter One of that "open book"... I'm a little reckless at times...that's what I've been told anyway. Hmmm,.... me, reckless?
Well, maybe just a tad .... :)

Last, but not least...here she is, once again, my loyal assistant, Orange Cat. This evening was the first night of really feeling crummy with "the crud",  I had to get my framing completed for the display at Belvoir Winery and had yet to find a subject for my photo of the day...All of these things ended up taking place in my dining room and there she sat the whole entire time, keeping me company as always, looking ever so regal in the Thinking Chair!

6 comments:

  1. I'm more of an open book now than I used to be, but not quite as much as I would like. Too often I clam up when I disagree with what someone is telling me instead of speaking my mind. I admire you for being able to talk so freely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear...I'd forgotten all about how I clam up like that also...under the exact same type of circumstances too!!! We'll just work on that one!!

      Delete
  2. My problem....maybe a problem....is that I will strike up conversations just about anywhere, in the line at the grocery store, on the street at a corner waiting for the light to change, just about anywhere. If you look me in the eye you are fair game for a conversation! :) Is that bad? Well, it could get me into deep trouble, depending on whom I'm talking with; but so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norine...oh my goodness...I think we were cut from the same mold and no, surely it's not bad...we're just friendly people! Anywhere I go, Dr.'s office, grocery store, Wal-Mart...ANYWHERE...You said it best, "if you look me in the eye, you are fair game!!!" I'll be using that one for sure...I love it!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I have three more babies that I'm saving for photos on days of desperation...lol...I love them all but this one does follow me around like a dog...more than my dogs!!

      Delete