Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 23...A Hairy Life

Day 23
 For over 30 years now these have been tools I can't live without...literally. Funny how I've  never really thought of it quite like that until just now. These tools are a major part of ME. In some ways they define me. Of course, not all of me but most definitely a portion of who I am lies in these tools. And they are very, very powerful tools...:)  Believe me, when you're the keeper of these tools, people will likely cancel a doctor's appointment before they will cancel with you! If you're really lucky people will fly home to see you when they've moved away! :) (thank you, you know who you are)...Lots of magical things happen because of these tools. Baby's get their picture taken, brides are made beautiful, prom nights are made special, ladies feel their week is complete and husbands stop in for a bit, just to visit  (we're a pretty fun bunch to be around)...:)
There is never a dull moment at a salon...gossip abounds, (just as expected,) fun, laughter, practical jokes and cattiness too...but most of all friendships develop...There could never be a truer example of that poem that goes around about people coming into your life for a reason or a season. Every time I see that poem, I think of someone, somewhere that I've either worked with or known from working in a salon throughout the years....At some point in time, we've all made an impact in some way on someones life...I'm pretty sure that my job puts me in a position to possibly do that on a regular basis...kind of a big responsibility when I think of it that way...My job gives me many opportunities to make someones day a better day, one way or the other...I hope I do just that!

Making the world a more beautiful place...one head of hair at a time!!!

  Thank you very much to my girlfriends at work, and their clients, for allowing me and my camera to intrude on their magical time!...:)
By the way...don't let that old saying fool you...most of the time we ARE magicians!!

No comments:

Post a Comment