Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 46...Rise Above

Day 46

In my fight to light the night,
 no clouds shall challenge my presence.
 I rise above the streets below,
I briefly rule the Heavens.

I bid farewell to the light of day,
I kiss the Sun goodbye.
  My guests of honor will soon arrive, 
in twinkling, jeweled attire.



Although I don't own the long lens necessary to truly showcase the moon,
I'm a real "Moon lover!" 
Today I couldn't help but notice the difference between
the presence of yesterdays beautiful clouds
and the beautiful absence of them today!
I love the Moon and the Stars...

I

2 comments:

  1. Lovely poem and photo! I, too, love the moon and stars. I sometimes wish I lived way out in the country where there were no city lights just so I see the stars.

    David and I made a trip to the Green River in Utah. We canoed for 5 days and the stars were so bright and beautiful at night. So many satellites passed overhead and shooting stars happened almost every night. It was magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Gayle, I also took a photo of the moon yesterday for my blog but I'm a day behind in posting. It was eye catching! Love your poem too.

    ReplyDelete