Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 63...The Mailman

Day 63
The mailman made me happy today!
He delivered my new book on backyard birding!!!
YAAAY!  
I absolutely love birdwatching. I get it from my momma...:)
She's taught me every, single thing I know about birds. 
When she couldn't live at home alone any longer,
she gave me her books on birds to use for reference.
I use them all the time and I love how her books have notations in the margins,
keeping track of dates that she spotted certain birds at her feeders. 
After moving to Olathe 17 years ago one thing that my mom really missed
was her old backyard. She had all her feeders established at the old house and had attracted many different species of birds that visited regularly on their seasonal migrations.
After her move, she never had Bluebirds visit at her new house.
One bright spot in moms daily life now is there are Bluebirds 
visiting the feeders outside her window at the nursing home.
She sees them again on a daily basis and always tells me about it on my visits!!
I hope my kids will grow to love birdwatching like their Grandma and I do...:)
I also hope I can catch some decent shots of the birds that will soon be visiting my feeders!
Some years there are more of a variety than others...We shall see!!

Another great book added to the collection!

The mailman also brought me a cute new pair of shoes today...
but they were too big... grrrr
One day next week will be a good day also when the replacement pair arrives!!!

2 comments:

  1. Birds are so colorful. I like to watch them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Please let me know how you like that book. I may order it! Looking forward to your bird shots this spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete