Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 69...Maybe Babies...And Wisteria Too!

Day 69
While eating dinner this evening, movement caught my eye right out side my kitchen window. As I looked a little closer I noticed it was a momma Cardinal. She was working on a NEST!!! I'm so excited! She flew off  and I wasn't able to capture a photo of her at work but I did see her in action! Hopefully I didn't create any sense of danger for her as I was trying to capture a photo... I'd feel so bad if she abandoned this nest and moved on. I have read where some birds start but never finish nests before deciding on their "perfect location." I hope she decides to use this one! I really want to catch some up close and personal photo's of her, Daddy Cardinal and the babies. Right now her nest looks pretty pitiful and loose. Mark told me that Cardinals aren't known for making very tidy, sturdy nests
 and from the looks of this one,
 I think she needs an architect and a structural engineer to help her!
But, I suppose she knows what she's doing!
Mother Nature gives all species of Mommas those nesting instincts and abilities. :)
Home Tweet Home


 I also did a bit of neighborhood creeping again!
I've watched this Wisteria grow for the last six years. I saw them construct the arbor.
Isn't it beautiful? I love it!!!

Just Gorgeous!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment