Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 70...Broken

Day 70

I found this old broken windmill while out hunting for a photo a few weeks ago.
Today, it caught my eye again and I decided it must want to have it's "picture made."
On a windy day like today it's broken down state was even more evident. The wind gusted with such force that it nearly made me wobble but without a Wheel and only the Vane remaining, it did not move. Not enough parts were present to make this old timer function.
It stood tall yet totally still even as I leaned against my car for stability!
It's located on a construction site and is the only thing left standing on acres of land which appears to be ready for construction. Maybe they're going to leave it! I hope so.
As I search each day for my photo of the day, I always learn something. Today I realized that I ALWAYS notice windmills. I really like them! Along with steeples and barns,
 I'm adding windmills to my list of things to look for and photograph!

Broken, but standing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment