Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 47...Odds, Ends and Oreos!

Day 47

Another amazing day!
Windy, YES! But so beautiful...:)
Even Meadow took a break from her harassing ways, called a truce with Orange Cat
and the two spent some time together enjoying the breeze
coming through the open window.
 For a few moments they were very intent on staring
at something outside, that's for sure!
But the odd couple harmony was short lived...:/

After dinner, a drive with my husband... :)
A really nice end to the day!
Our drive took us right by another old house that I love.
This one, by all outward appearances seems to be in tip top shape.
My husband said he believes it is on
the historical registry for Clay county, but isn't sure.
He thinks the home remained a family owned home
from the time it was built and has been willed to the county
 on the terms that it will remain a working farm.
I'm going to check into this place and see if tours are available...
maybe it's in the works!
Yaaay!!! Historical preservation!!!

And just for fun... :)
Today is the official 100th birthday for Oreo Cookies!!
My kinda cookie!
(photo taken 02/15/2012)



3 comments:

  1. Historical buildings and oreo cookies! What could be better?

    Very nice photos. The photo of your cat and dog is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Meadow and Orange Cat..cute photo! I love Oreos! Nice bit of trivia. The photo of the historical home looks like a postcard. (remove the power lines and change to sepia and it would look like it was captured back in the day) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that also! I really liked the aged effect I did on the other old house I posted, the way it had that old time, blown out effect ... I really need to practice on the cloning though, I actually tried it on another photo a while back and had trouble getting it...I need a lesson!

      Delete