Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 66...299 To Go!

Day 66
This weather is beyond beautiful!
But as much as I love it, I'm not holding my breath for it to remain like this without
at least one more blast from Old Man Winter...
 I heard the weather man say it's still a very real possibility that Winter could rear it's ugly head again before it's all over...but I sure hope not!
Enough of that dreaded Winter talk though, I need to take advantage of the way it is now!
As much as I wished I could've spent the entire day out and about,
there was work to be done!
Housework, yard work, and Mom-in-law coming for dinner didn't leave me much of any extra time to get out (except out in the backyard.)
It did feel good though to get another section of yard cleaned up
and in the yard waste dumpster! ...(no boring photo of that again) 
I swear, for someone who lives in the suburbs,
the leaves and clean up NEVER end around here.
When it comes to yard clean up,  I feel like I live in the woods!!!
I was determined to not have an indoor photo on today's blog though so 
after I got that dumpster stomped and packed full once again, I did decide to make a quick run out to see if I could find a barn. I had absolutely no idea where I was headed, as usual!!! Normally that doesn't bother me except I knew I had to get back and get dinner started since Mom was coming over. The pressure was on! Well, I actually found a few but not all of them were situated in such a way that it was safe to stop the car and get out...I did find this one in particular that I really liked...
It looked so small sitting on the masses of acreage that surrounded it.
It made me think of the song....

♪ I can see for miles and miles, I can see for miles and miles ...♪

2 comments:

  1. I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.....

    Lovely photo and post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♪ ....oh yeah ♪ ....I haven't been able to get that song out of my mind since yesterday! lol I woke up singing it!

      Delete